Sunday, February 5, 2012

First Post!! Vanilla Strawberry Dollop Cupcakes

Hello! This is so exciting and my first cupcake post! I have only been baking cupcakes for about 6 months but I am absolutely in love with it! This recipe originally came from the the Gluten Free Canteen but I used regular flour instead so I had to alter the recipe a little. But they were delicious! The original recipe used raspberry but I like strawberry better. You could probably use any flavor of jelly you like.


^My taste tester (crazy roommate) modeling the strawberry vanilla bliss.

CAKE
1 1/2 Cup flour
1 Cup Sugar
1/4 t Baking soda
1/4 t kosher salt
6 T melted butter
1 T Vanilla
1/2 Cup Warm Water
Strawberry Jam

Whisk the dry ingredients together. Mix the butter, vanilla, eggs, and water together. Add the butter and water mixture to the dry ingredients and mix until the batter is smooth (NOTE: I had a little trouble with the batter being a bit runny so I added a little more flour and sugar to get a thicker consistency). Spoon the batter into lined cupcake tins and top with a heaping dollop of strawberry jam (or the jam of your choice). Bake at 350 for 5 minutes and then lower the temperature to 325 and bake for about 17 minutes more until toothpick comes out clean. Cool completely before frosting.



STRAWBERRY BUTTERCREAM:
1 Stick of butter
2 Cup powdered sugar
1 1/2 T vanilla extract
2 T Strawberry Jam (or until buttercream looks pale pink)

Beat the butter in a standing mixer until fluffy. Add the powdered sugar in batches of 1/2 cup-3/4 cup so you don't get powdered sugar mess EVERYWHERE. Add the vanilla and strawberry jam and mix until smooth and fluffy. Pipe or spoon it on to your cooled cupcakes!

Enjoy!!

xoxo,
KG

No comments:

Post a Comment